2011 & 2012
Anna Pan (Burlington, Connecticut)
June 6: Progress report from Anna Pan
With five years of piano lessons, I began studying organ with John Rose in November 2011 with very little organ experience. I learned pedal scales, played many of the exercises in The Organist’s Manual, and worked on countless Dupré choral preludes. With improved pedal technique, I began working on repertoire—Toccata in E Minor by Pachelbel, Berceuse by Vierne, Fugue in G Minor (BWV 547) by Bach, Prelude and Fugue in G Major (BWV 541) by Bach, Sonata No. 6 by Mendelssohn, Carillon de Westminster and Naiades (Pièces de Fantaisie) by Vierne. As I look back on the incredible experience learning the organ has been, I am so grateful for the Roberta Bitgood Scholarship which made it all possible.
Congratulations, Anna, keep it up!
2009 & 2010
- Joshua Ziemski (Norwich, Connecticut)
- Thomas Smith (Essex, Connecticut)
- David Shin Park (a winner from New Jersey!)
- Amy Lewis & Joshua Ziemski (joint award; Noank & Norwich, Connecticut)
- Amy Lewis (Noank, Connecticut)
- Joyce Chen (East Lyme, Connecticut)
- Vincent Silvestri (Hanover, Connecticut)
- Matthew Kelly (Jewett City, Connecticut)
- Joy Shen (East Lyme, Connecticut)
- Nathan Bayreuther (Niantic, Connecticut)